Thursday, February 18, 2010

ANDY'S BROWN SHARKS


Bob, Here's a few photos of the brown shark I caught from the beach the other night. We estimated it to be over 70 pounds, and we released it unharmed. I was using a Local Hooker 10-foot conventional rod and it worked like a charm! You need a rod with a lot of backbone to turn these sharks. This beast made two bulldog runs at a jetty, and then bee-lined straight at a channel marker. If I didn't have a powerful rod with good stopping power, we never would have landed this shark. We captured the whole event on video, and I was amazed when I watched the footage the next morning. The fight seemed like an eternity, but in reality it lasted just over 6 minutes. I was able to put the brakes on the shark early in the battle, I broke its spirit and I stayed in control the whole time. These big brown sharks can punish your tackle, and Ive seen more of these fish broken off than Ive seen landed. You need some heavy duty gear, and everything needs to be set up perfectly. The 10-foot Local Hooker rod is well built, well designed and has the stopping power needed to land big fish!

Thanks Again!

Andy Nabreski On The Water Magazine & OnTheWaterTV

No comments:

Post a Comment