Thursday, February 18, 2010

CAPE COD 5000 - & THE CANAL...

I received these two e-mails yesterday:

Bob, Thank you again for your support of the Cape Cod $5,000, the tournament was a great success and we are already planning next year.

I finally have a minute to drop you a line to tell you how many people were actually in awe of the rod that you donated to the Cape Cod $5,000 Tournament. The craftsmanship was better than any other rod I have seen and rest assured I have my share of custom rods but that spinning rod for tuna was just outstanding. After we raffled it off (by the way it was the 1st prize chosen) several people approached the winner to try and buy the rod from them. One guy offered $800.00 and the winner still didn't sell it. If I were you I would get building because your rods are going to be everywhere, people love them. We also had several people ask where to get the rods. Great product, good luck with the fishing season and I hope to be able to work with you again next year. Thank You, Todd. Cape Cod $5,000 Tournament Committee

Bob, I just bought my 3rd local hooker and they just keep gettin' better every time! My new edition to my rods is a 10 ft rod which Bob made to my order and BOY!! WHAT A GREAT ROD..! I picked up my rod on the 15th and went down to the canal at 3:30 AM on the 16th and took the first cast. I could not believe how smooth and accurate this rod cast. I have a Quantum Cabo 60 and only put 120 yards of power-pro on because of too much backing and on the second cast noticed only the backing left on the spool! I was blown away by how far the plug had gone! The three other fishermen sitting to my left were mortified by how far I was casting! Anyway at about 4:45 I GOT BENT ! To my savage amusement. My first fish on this rod was 40.5 inches long and about 30 lbs. I have to get a cord to transfer picture from camera to computer ! Thanks again Bob! A very happy fisherman !!--- Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment