Thursday, February 18, 2010

CUSTOME SURF ROD


Hi Bob,

Thank you so very much for putting together the 10" 6" Custom SC4 Surf Rod.

You Guys are miracle workers. I never thought that I would be able to find the exact rod that I was looking for. Not only were you able to produce that rod, but to have it in my hands in the short time that you did is absolutely amazing. My rod specifications did not exactly follow conventional wisdom, but you listened to my needs and were very concise in collecting the specifications for getting the rod built right. The rod is a thing of beauty. It is balanced in every aspect -- From casting, to sensitivity, to hooksets and fighting power. The tip loads beautifully when casting, even when throwing plugs weighing less than 2 ounces. Yet has enough backbone to set the hook long distance, and fight fish in current.

I did not have the right reel for this rod, and got a bit impatient and took it out anyway. I put a VSB 150 on it, and took it out. Luckily we did not get into any Granders that night, because it was pitching out much more than half the spool capacity. The rod handles and fishes flawlessly. As promised I attached a photo of the first fish landed on that rod ( not the largest of the evening ). Thank you again for your attention to the fine details of creating the best application-specific rods available. Sharp hooks and fresh line. Vic Weizer

No comments:

Post a Comment